very superstitious, writings on the wall!


I can't quite grasp the fear that lies within certain individuals every time the 13th day of the month lands on a Friday. I like it, for some silly reason (too many horror movies growing up, perhaps?) it has the inverse effect on me, it excites me. I secretly love hearing people freak out --- oooooh be extra careful today.. & "ohhh no, its another Friday the 13th!"

did you know there is a legitimate classified phobia of it? It's known as friggatriskaidekaphobia. seriously. i'm not even making this up. "According to the Stress Management Center and Phobia Institute in Asheville, North Carolina, an estimated 17 to 21 million people in the U.S. are affected by a fear of this day. Making it the most feared day and date in history." What's so interesting is because so many people are paralyzed by fear of even getting out of their beds or going out, catching planes, etc.... there are less crimes, less accidents, & an overall wonderful day left for people like me.

so happy friday the thirteenth! hopes yours is absolutely glorious!

Post a Comment

hello there, don't be shy - i'd love to hear your thoughts! ♥