having red hair is pretty special, & whether you choose to embrace it, or cover it up... it's pretty awesome to be a member of the natural gingers club, we do make up less than two percent of the worlds population. Sure, it comes with obvious banter, comments about having no soul, typically the unique ability to have light beam off our milky skin & a plethora of nicknames that will follow you from friends & strangers alike....recipe for greatness?? Not quite, but I've embraced my ginger locks & maybe after reading about some seriously awesome redheads, you'll see that having red hair is pretty rad too... ginger roll call:
- Vincent Van Gogh one of my favorite painters, who created over 2,100 works of art with his bold, unique, & emotionally honest style. Definitely suffered from mental illness & anxiety leading to self mutilation & eventually suicide... but, he left us with some seriously inspiring works of art.
- Lucille Ball hilarious & iconic American actress. Best known for her antics on her popular show I Love Lucy, which is where i fell in love with her silly nature. She was definitely keepin it real for redheads, & she's even more awesome for ignoring racial boundaries & marrying a dashing Cuban man in the forties.
- Willie Nelson author, activist, poet & musician. Everybody loves Willie, though his red hairs have turned white & gray in his trademark double braids he is still rockin. I dig him for his music, his environmental works, being a liberal activist & reppin hard for the legalization of marijuana.
- Prince Harry oh so handsome Prince Harry. You've always been my favorite of the two with your mischevious smile. i love you for being Diana's son, being a badass in the British military, a little party animal & for being a handsome ginger man... those aren't too common.
- Shaun White triple threat, flying tomato Shaun White. Completely sick for dominating on any board & for scoring two Olympic gold medals. I always root for him. He always makes me laugh on late night interviews, sometimes has a stache & loves Target. sold yet?
- Cintia Dickers super hottie Brazillian super model. i fully have a girl crush on her. she's of German descent, undeniably beautiful & has appeared in Bebe, H&M, Sports Illustrated, Victoria's Secret, D&G, Gucci, etc. I like her just because she's a stunning ginger that i'm completely envious of. I've even mentioned her
- Cleopatra WHAAAAT!?! Yup, it's argued that our own Queen of the Nile was a ginger. Rumor has it that the last pharaoh of Ancient Egypt donned black wigs concealing her red locks. She was a gorgeous woman, proven by successful conquers of powerful men. Onto her ginger hair... this revelation is based on an image found on a wall in Herculaneum, which shows a woman with red hair surrounded by Egyptian motifs identified as Cleopatra herself. In her book, "Cleopatra the Great," Joann Fletcher writes: "Cleopatra may well have been a redhead, judging from the portrait of a flame-haired woman wearing the royal diadem surrounded by Egyptian motifs which has been identified as Cleopatra." She also states that red hair became something of a fashion statement in Cleopatra's Alexandria, writing: "The red hair of the Germanic tribes conquered by Caesar was particularly prized for this purpose. It was a shade favored by fashionable Alexandrian women, including some in the royal household. Presumably Cleopatra's own auburn hair had set the trend, maybe enhanced with a vegetable colorant such as henna." So there you have it, Cleo the Ginga.
- L. Ron Hubbard pulp fiction novelist who inspired an entire relgion: Scientology. [note: i am not a believer in Scientology.] This red haired man wrote about Science Fiction, created a cult following that lead to a new religious movement. His writings are the guiding texts for the Church. Kudos to a revolutionary ginge, who is completely controversial, but in spite of that, he has inspired thousands of believers.
- Galileo Galilei better known simply as Galileo, He was an Italian physicist, mathematician, astronomer, and philosopher who played a major role in the Scientific Revolution. We can thank him for his discoveries in Space, including the confirmation of the Phases of Venus, & the Galilean Moons of Jupiter. Science & Space freaks call him the Father of Science & Astronomy.
Of course there are many more rad redheads, these are just a few cherry topped gems.