fight off your demons

When I was in high school i met a guy with one of those personalities that just attracts people. He was a big guy, with a big personality. He would go to football games, with his shirt off, showing off his school spirit - his skin draped in bright blue & white paint. Everyone loved it & he was a riot.

I got to know him a little more as the years passed, we shared many mutual friends. He played music, went to the same rock shows as me, & we kept in touch through the powers of the fabulous internet, occasionally stumbling into one another. I barely recognized him when i saw him a couple years ago & he was half the size he was in high school & an avid cyclist. He even opened up to me about his struggles with depression & his bipolar disorder.



He had demons, like we all do. Only his got the better of him & 
yesterday, he tragically took his own life.

I can't imagine what he must have been dealing with to bring himself to that boiling point & my heart absolutely aches for his family, & his close friends who have loved him & stood by him through his trials & tribulations over the years. I can only hope that he is at peace now.

I wondered this morning, as i noted the many mentions of him, adding up on my facebook news feed.... if he knew how many people were touched by him & saddened to learn of his tragic ending. i know i was.

3 comments

  1. This is something new and I really like it! Would you like to follow each other darling?:X

    FashionSpot.ro

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi sweet lady! I found your blog via Skunkboy Creatures and am SO GLAD that I did! I'm your newest follower. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ♥ thank you Cara, i'm makin my way to your place in cyberspace right now XO

      Delete

hello there, don't be shy - i'd love to hear your thoughts! ♥