oh hey Zooey.... so happy you can relate.
Just a taste of what we're tackling @ our dollhouse:
- removed the popcorn ceiling from 2000sq ft & had knockdown texture installed. (we happily & thankfully paid a company to do this)
- completely removed all of the flooring from the 1st floor - tile & laminate. we're planning to lay cork flooring & dark high gloss laminate.
- painted the entire outside (a lovely pale yellow hue) + bright white trim
- removed carpet from our guest room & installed laminate (reused from downstairs)
- gutted all of our closets, removing old shelving/installing new & painting walls
- switching all electrical outlets & light switches to rocker
- replacing every. single. light fixture & ceiling fan.
- painting every wall. & can i just say, i'm in love with our color palette, even though it took a while to get there... i went a little paint chip & paint sample crazy.
- gutted our half bath downstairs, installing new floor, sink vanity & loo.
- speaking of loo's, we're installing two new ones upstairs too
- painted our tired red brick fireplace bright white - this was one of my favorite tasks
- demolishing a utility room taking up half of our 2-car garage, thus allowing for a garage that can host 2 cars.
this girl is burnt out already on reno projects, it's completely taken over our lives!! My family has been completely amazing, working there asses off right along with us, & i'm thankful for our beautiful mess.